The Pet Orphanage sponsors low-cost spay and neuter clinics for cats. The clinics are provided by NOMAD, Laura Miller DVM. Clinic pre-registration and payment (in cash) is required.
Registration: On September 16, 9-10:30 am, Logan Library, 230 E. Main St. Logan (enter the meeting room from the Walnut St. side of the building) register your cat for the September 24 clinic. Cash only, first come, first served.
Registration for the October, November and December clinics will be held at the Hocking Hills Chamber of Commerce, 96 W. Hunter St., Logan OH, 9-10:30 am. See below for registration and clinic dates.
All clinics take place at the Hocking County Soil & Water Conference Room, Fairgrounds, Logan.
Scroll to bottom of page for prices.
- Register on Saturday, January 14 for the Sunday, January 22 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, February 4 for the Sunday, February 12 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, March 11 for the Sunday, March 19 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, April 22 for the Sunday, April 30 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, May 6 for the Sunday, May 21 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, June 10 for the Sunday June 18 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, July 15 for the Sunday, July 23 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, August 12 for the Sunday, August 20 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, September 16 for the Sunday, September 24 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, October 21 for the Sunday, October 29 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, November 4 for the Sunday, November 19 clinic.
- Register on Saturday, December 9 for the Sunday, December 17 clinic.
Fee Schedule (cash only, due on registration day)
- Female cat spay $60 (now includes non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory pain injection – Onsior)
- Male cat neuter $30
- 1-year rabies vaccination $10
- FVRCP-C (four-in-one) vaccination $10
- Flea/Intestinal Worms (round & hookworms/Ear Mite Treatment (Revolution) $20
- Tape worm treatment $10
- Nail trim $5
Registration is first come, first served. Arrive early, especially if registering a female cat. For each clinic date, we sign-up approximately 20 males and 15 females, with 3 additional females as standby’s. On the day of surgery, please bring cat in clean, secure, carrier (not soft sided) lined with newspaper.
If your cat recently had kittens: The mother’s milk must be dried up before surgery. Kittens should nurse for 8 weeks. Afterwards, the mother and kittens MUST be separated and it will take at least 2 weeks for them to dry up. If the kittens occasionally nurse, they keep the milk stimulated and the mother won’t dry up. Milk isn’t sterile and if the vet would cut into a milk gland it could cause an infection.
Questions? Call 740-380-3002.
Ohio Pet Fund
Support pets by buying an Ohio Pet License Plate. They’re vehicle registration tags that raise funds for education, spay and neuter of pets for low-income families, and for dogs and cats adopted from qualifying agencies. The Pet Orphanage was awarded grants from this fund in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016. And they’re offering some new super cute tags! Check them out at petsohio.com.